Nokia 6021

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I need a bluetooth phone without camera... any suggestions?

I've found the Nokia 6021 . It seems to be quite good.

Does anybody know if it will work with iSync?

It doesn't apear on the compatibility list yet, and on the nokia page there is only Windows software..

But nokia tends to be compatible with Macs..

Has anybody tested one yet?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    In my experience, Nokia Series 40 phones (such as the 6021) are not Mac friendly, but the Series 60 (e.g. 6600) phones are. However, what I have found is that you can send a vcard from your Mac's address book to a Series 40 phone via bluetooth - I tried sending it to a colleagues 6230 and it worked fine, the fields were in the right place. The downside is that it's a one way process AFAIK (i.e. I don't know if there is a way to send from the phone to the Mac), and I have no idea if the calendar can be transferred across in the same way.

Having said all that, I think it's well regarded by those who have it for what it is - a solid phone that does the basics well, but doesn't have the bells and whistles that many people think are unnecessary, like camera, mp3 player, FM radio etc. Have a look at somewhere like www.howardforums.com, there's some info in the forums there that might be of use.

Hope that helps .