External Monitor for Powerbook: widescreen vs regular?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am looking to get an external monitor (either 17" or 19") for my Al Powerbook.

Given that the notebook has a widescreen aspect ratio, is there any issue with getting a conventional-aspect monitor? (In looking around the 'net, there appears to be relatively few widescreen monitors available, despite this becoming the standard display for notebooks.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Almost any monitor will work. I use a ViewSonic VX2000 with my PB. Regular monitors tend to be a better value than widescreen.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    maaaaarkmaaaaark Posts: 16member
    I just purchased two Dell 2105 wide screen lcd monitors, and two things:

1) i'll never purchase a crt again

2) i've become a huge widescreen fan.

...now for my tv.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mynameheremynamehere Posts: 560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argelius

I am looking to get an external monitor (either 17" or 19") for my Al Powerbook.

Given that the notebook has a widescreen aspect ratio, is there any issue with getting a conventional-aspect monitor?

no

Quote:

(In looking around the 'net, there appears to be relatively few widescreen monitors available, despite this becoming the standard display for notebooks.

Thanks!

I recommend the Dell 20.1" Widescreen which has a digital input, so it should go fine with your pb...and in contrast to other Dell products, it works fine.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Having used widescreen for several years, I find it hard to go back. Its similar to using large screens in general... once you're used to having screen real-estate, you feel limited by a "small" screen.

Any screen will do, but if you plan to run the laptop closed and only use the external screen, you may want the bigger/wider model.