Computer Monitor's

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'd like to have some input on two purchasing options. What do you think? Either working with two 17" LCD monitor's or the apple 23" cinema display.

This is for audio and Video production.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    nuttynutty Posts: 50member
    Quote:

Originally posted by inukshuk

I'd like to have some input on two purchasing options. What do you think? Either working with two 17" LCD monitor's or the apple 23" cinema display.

If the 17 inchers are widescreen than you should go with the cinima display, If the 17 inchers are standard than go with that. I have Dual 19"(standard ratio) And that is great for all types of programs including audio and video but is best for when you are running standard programs. But remeber to check the response time, Older mac screens have terible response times. As for color and acruacy goes you best bet would be a CRT if you have the room.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

23"
  • Reply 3 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    responce time and contrast ratio are more important than size to me. My LCD at work has a slow responce time, not a problem in Word/access/Firefox but video, photo, and well, the ability to scroll throughlarge documents without the screen becoming a blur is why I still use a CRT at home, I can't afford a good flat pannel and a run of the mill flat CRT will beat a "cheap" pannel EVERY time, if multimedia is what you want, look at the Apple 23 inch or maybe 2x Dell 20.1 inch Wide screens. Dell also makes a 24 inch that is cheaper and the same resolution as the apple 23 inch so look at that one too.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    inukshukinukshuk Posts: 56member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

responce time and contrast ratio are more important than size to me. My LCD at work has a slow responce time, not a problem in Word/access/Firefox but video, photo, and well, the ability to scroll throughlarge documents without the screen becoming a blur is why I still use a CRT at home, I can't afford a good flat pannel and a run of the mill flat CRT will beat a "cheap" pannel EVERY time, if multimedia is what you want, look at the Apple 23 inch or maybe 2x Dell 20.1 inch Wide screens. Dell also makes a 24 inch that is cheaper and the same resolution as the apple 23 inch so look at that one too.

I've already got two Nec MultiSync LCD 1760V which are very good, but was really looking at the 23" as you mentioned for watching DVD's. I checked out the Dell 24", but it says pc compatible, Mac is not mentioned. To bad because it is quite a bit cheaper.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

I've already got two Nec MultiSync LCD 1760V which are very good, but was really looking at the 23" as you mentioned for watching DVD's. I checked out the Dell 24", but it says pc compatible, Mac is not mentioned. To bad because it is quite a bit cheaper.

Standards to the rescue! so long as it has a DVI jack on it and your Mac has DVI out (or an adapter), you are good to go! they don't say mac compatible for the same reason that htey don't explicitly say HP, Compaq, Gateway, and Aleinware compatible, they dont give the competition free plugs.

How much ya want for the MultiSync you are replacing?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    inukshukinukshuk Posts: 56member
    Quote:

How much ya want for the MultiSync you are replacing?

I may not replace them. Just checking to see if I should just add or get an HD display 23"-24". Not sure which way I'll go yet.