My iTunes Help app is dead, can some1 help me?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hey all,

just downloaded iTunes 4.9 and now my iTunes help application is dead. im not concerned about that yet (if it doesn't work after i restart i'll come crying for help...).

But i see that when i connect my iPod i get a little arror next to it that shows all the playlists feeding my iPod. But all the Smart Playlists that feed it have little exclamation marks next to them. What are these for? Clicking them does nothing.

Also, why cant i share my iTunes Library between users on the one computer anymore? In iTunes 4.7 i could share my Library so that it appeared on my mum's iTunes app (so long as i was logged in and my iTunes was open). I cant do this any more!

ive checked (and re-checked) the preferences, and both "share entire library" and "look for shared music" are ticked....

can you help??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spiers69

hey all,

just downloaded iTunes 4.9 and now my iTunes help application is dead. im not concerned about that yet (if it doesn't work after i restart i'll come crying for help...).

But i see that when i connect my iPod i get a little arror next to it that shows all the playlists feeding my iPod. But all the Smart Playlists that feed it have little exclamation marks next to them. What are these for? Clicking them does nothing.

Also, why cant i share my iTunes Library between users on the one computer anymore? In iTunes 4.7 i could share my Library so that it appeared on my mum's iTunes app (so long as i was logged in and my iTunes was open). I cant do this any more!

ive checked (and re-checked) the preferences, and both "share entire library" and "look for shared music" are ticked....

can you help??

for that last part, you could try trashing your prefs file, or restarting your computer if you haven't since the 4.9 update.

for the exclamation points, i think it means that you have conflicting criteria in your smart playlists. for example, you might have "artist is radiohead" AND "rating is 1", but you might not have any 1-rated radiohead songs. like i said, just an example, and i dont listen to radiohead.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    spiers69spiers69 Posts: 418member
    if that's all it means then that's fine. that's how i want them set up.

my help app is still rooted. Ive restarted since then, but haven't tried trashing the prefs... i'll give that a go.