Buy a mac, get an iPod Mini for free (and I need some advice)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
for students.......

http://www.apple.com/education/backt...TS062805-4LXNZ

Anybody know what this is for? Perhaps to clear out inventory?

BTW, this July 7 event, should I wait to buy my Powerbook G4 until after the event or buy my PBg4 now?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Apple usually runs this or a similar promo every year for the back to school crowd.

If I were you, I would wait until after the 7th. It really couldn't hurt to do so!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    What's the likelihood that the event is for the iPod Phone? Could dual-core processors be the media event? G5 powerbook is almost certainly out of the question. I don't want a July 7 speculation thread, but should I really worry about July 7 in terms of a powerbook?

I thought everything was pointing towards the iPod phone, or maybe a new line of ipods.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    BTW, I really need the laptop ASAP. I'm doing functional genomics research and I am currently without a work machine, and I certainly don't want to wait after this Friday to buy it.

The rumors of updated mac minis look interesting...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    If you have to buy now, then buy now, but then don't feel bad if new stuff is released and you paid the same price for old stuff. Five days really is not going to kill anyone, and you can always overnight ship. I had to buy the dualie 2.7 for my company prior to the latest keynote, and I am still loving my machine and will continue to do so, even with the announcements because I needed it for productivity, and not just for wants. So, if that is your case, then buy what you need now and don't worry about what comes out, hell don't even check to see if something new comes out, because it won't matter to you.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I would bite the bullet and go without the lappy if it meant that I could have a dual-processor laptop. If not, then I'll buy immediately. I just need reassurance that I'm not doing anything dumb, as in the event is only for the iPod phone.