FireWire Drives in Tiger

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have a revB iMac 2.0 gHz with multiple firewire drives mounted. I have trouble keeping them mounted on the desktop when switching users. Sometimes I have to mount them using Disk Utility. When my wife logs on they will not mount on her disk top. Is there anyway I can make sure that these disks mount when any user logs on and they stay mounted when switching users?

bob

thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    my firewire drives are giving me nightmares. i'm waiting for 10.4.2 before i panic. (my problem isn't with switching users--they're just being dumb)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dave marshdave marsh Posts: 349member
    Try this:

After using Disk Utility to get them mounted in your wife's account, open System Preferences/Accounts/Login Items, then click on the + button near the bottom of the pane. Select the mounted FireWire drives in the left pane, and click on the Add button.

Then log your wife out and back in. Your drives should then mount as if they were network drives.

I agree that you shouldn't have to do this (and I haven't experienced it, but this might trick them into mounting just the same). I don't understand why they're not mounting properly. Perhaps 10.4.2 will fix this.