iTunes 4.9 vs iPodderX 3.01

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just read the article Apple earns cheers from analysts, podcasters in Playlist where August Trometer states, ?[iTunes] 4.9 is welcome in that it will bring more attention to podcasting, which will, in the end, benefit us. People are going to want more features than iTunes provides, and iPodderX will fill that gap. We received over a dozen emails just yesterday from people who tried 4.9 but are sticking with the more robust features in iPodderX. Our sales, too, were up yesterday compared to the previous day. iPodderX is going strong.?

Robust features? Unless I am missing something, I would have to say that iTunes has better features. Also, with iTunes you can preview a podcast before deciding if you want to subcribe.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    One nice feature that iPodderX purportedly has is the ability to transcode MP3s into bookmarkable AAC files. I would find great value in that feature, but I have yet to fork over the money for it.

The iTunes integration seems decent enough, especially for finding podcasts but I'll probably continue to use the iPodder (lemon).
  • Reply 2 of 7
    danielctulldanielctull Posts: 586member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mikef

One nice feature that iPodderX purportedly has is the ability to transcode MP3s into bookmarkable AAC files. I would find great value in that feature, but I have yet to fork over the money for it.

The iTunes integration seems decent enough, especially for finding podcasts but I'll probably continue to use the iPodder (lemon).

WRT to bookmarkable AACs, it would appear anything in the Podcast menu is bookmarkable, MP3 or AAC.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

WRT to bookmarkable AACs, it would appear anything in the Podcast menu is bookmarkable, MP3 or AAC.

I noticed this last night. If an audio file is a podcast then it is bookmarkable even if it is an MP3. That is cool. I do not have to worry about converting the files any longer. That was taking up a lot of my time.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

Does this extend to my iPod as well? Never had a bookmarkable AAC file on my iPod but I like the idea of this functionality)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by mikef

Does this extend to my iPod as well? Never had a bookmarkable AAC file on my iPod but I like the idea of this functionality)

Yes. Yes it does!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    danielctulldanielctull Posts: 586member
    Thinking about it now, why did they never have a Audiobook section like the Podcast section? No need for .m4b just have it bookmarkable if it's in the Audiobook section. Then they can change Library back to Music (it was Music before wasn't it? I can only just remember).