Tropico for OS X! WTF?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Lags, Lags, Lags - that´s what it´s all about on my iMac DV 400 with 768 MB RAM! and X.1 does anyone have the same probs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    yes, but it quits unexpectidally
  • Reply 2 of 10
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Tropico for OS X is half baked at best. I'm sticking with the OS 9 version for now.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    My copy crashed on loading every time until I installed that patch they released. Then it didn't crash but it did run slower than Maya renderring Toy Story 5 on a 386.

Oh well. Just as long as I have Myst 3. I wonder if there are Myst 1 and 2 patches to make them OS X-compatable? Hmm...

-Y

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Ybot ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 10
    dvddvd Posts: 45member
    from my experience all games that are in os x basicly are slower than os 9 =[
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Glad I caught this thread...I think I will pass this up now.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    [quote]dvd said: from my experience all games that are in os x basicly are slower than os 9 =[<hr></blockquote>

ahh..but I disagree. Quake3Arena rocks on OSX.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I haven't had Tropico crash for me but it is slower than the OS 9 version.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Sad but true guys, trashed Tropico at the moment! There is no sense in booting 9 for playing games....and classic isn´t a REAL solution.

And Quake 3 in X isn´t really rocking that way...the best version of q3 I have ever had was playing the demo, only on performance issues...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    I liked 1.16n best 'though 1.30 is ok for me, too...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    Tropico wants hardcore resources, thats just how it is, sucks but when you realize what it is doing [generating all those ever changing real time characteristics for every person you have on your island], it does make sense.