Apple Plug Leaks?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I wonder if Apple have finally managed to plug the leaks concerning new hardware - we haven't seen any interesting hardware rumours for ages. Of course it's possible there is no new hardware in the pipeline lol.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Yep, Steve decided to plug all the leaks by switching to Intel, and cut the leakers out of the loop.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    I would think that there is a MacMini and possibly an iBook update in the pipeline for the end of the summer. I wouldn't expect anything else this year, and these may be held off for an early "switch" to intell anounced in January in SanFrancisco for shipment in February or March. My guess:

August: MacMini anouncement.

Sept/Oct: iBook

January: PowerBook/iMac switch to Intel, shipping in March.

Outside chance that Apple anounces a PB and iMac update by November, with a launce of the Intel's in May/June.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hattighattig Posts: 860member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JCG

I would think that there is a MacMini and possibly an iBook update in the pipeline for the end of the summer. I wouldn't expect anything else this year, and these may be held off for an early "switch" to intell anounced in January in SanFrancisco for shipment in February or March. My guess:

August: MacMini anouncement.

Sept/Oct: iBook

January: PowerBook/iMac switch to Intel, shipping in March.

Outside chance that Apple anounces a PB and iMac update by November, with a launce of the Intel's in May/June.

I expect every model in Apple's current lineup to be updated at least once, possibly twice before the Intel switch which I expect to be in mid-2006 unless Intel get their act together and actually ship their next generation processors (Yonah, etc) on time.

That means, to me, two iBook revisions and two Mac Mini revisions, one PowerBook revision, one PowerMac revision, two iMac revisions, etc.

If Apple really want to delay a new iBook until October, then great for them, but it'll mean I'm not spending my money now for a design that is merely a faster version of a laptop that came out in 2002. I have some hopes for tomorrow still though. Some.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I'm getting frustrated waiting for this new iBook but still paranoid about jumping the gun grrrrrrrr.