Broken smart playlists

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Has anyone else noticed that with the latest iPod updater that the ability to use Smart Playlists that update on the iPod seems to be broken? I have a Smart Playlist that keeps up with the latest podcasts that I have listened to. Unfortunately, that Smart Playlist is no longer working on the iPod as I listen during the day. I have to sync up to the computer before the list is populated.

This is not good!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    working fine here \
  • Reply 2 of 9
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

working fine here \

Lot of reports of this problem on the MacCast Forums...

http://maccast.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=730
  • Reply 3 of 9
    danielctulldanielctull Posts: 586member
    I didn't realise it did this until recently. I don't use this feature, but this bug should never have got out, and now should be crushed pretty damn soon.

I didn't realise it updated the play counts either... I always thought it should do, without realising it did...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Does anyone happen to have the iPod Updater software from 3-23-2005?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    What you should do is go into apps/utilities, click on the ipod updater, and restore to default this WILL erase your ipod, but restore the live updating to your smart playlists. as long as you don't care about podcasts (i don't) you should be ok. there are ways to to it without deleting all your music temp, but you can google that...
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Atomic Media Fonts

What you should do is go into apps/utilities, click on the ipod updater, and restore to default this WILL erase your ipod, but restore the live updating to your smart playlists. as long as you don't care about podcasts (i don't) you should be ok. there are ways to to it without deleting all your music temp, but you can google that...

Live updating of Smart Playlists on the iPod Mini are completely broken with the 6-23-05 updater according to some posts on the Apple discussion forums. This has been acknowledge by Apple as well.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    right, thats why you should go back to your original installation that works
  • Reply 8 of 9
    ie don't upgrade after you have gone back to the original firmware, just to make it clear
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Atomic Media Fonts

right, thats why you should go back to your original installation that works

I see what you meant now. I thought you were referring to restoring the 6-23-05 updater. I did use the 3-23-05 installer and restore and I got my smart playlists back.

My apologies for the confusion.