Check out my cool Word bug!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm Lovin' It.

I right click and of course, it goes up and up, and only the bottom items work.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

I'm Lovin' It.

I right click and of course, it goes up and up, and only the bottom items work.

It seems that you have a faulty installation. There is a lot that is wrong with MS Word, but your particular problem may very well be confined to your computer.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    That's what happens when you install this shitty freeware.

--B
  • Reply 3 of 8
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    MS Word is freeware?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    mmbarthezmmbarthez Posts: 40member
    I have the same problem, it just isn't his computer.

What I have isn't freeware either... just for reference.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mmbarthez

I have the same problem, it just isn't his computer.

What I have isn't freeware either... just for reference.

Are you saying that you installed a fee-based third-party add-on to your copy of MS Word? Rather than being cryptic, it would be helpful to everyone to tell us when your problem first appeared and what did you do immediately before it appeared.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mmbarthezmmbarthez Posts: 40member
    I installed the student version of word, powerpoint and excel and all that good stuff when I first got my mirrored drive door G4 in the fall of 2002, and I havent done a thing about it, just kept up with the updates, I just live with it knowing microsoft stinks. This whole thing started quite a while ago, like a year+, maybe more.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    I just updated to the latest version and the problem went away. I thought that might solve it before posting, but it was just such an absurd error that I felt the urge to share.

As for the freeware comment, well, it was free and it turned out to be shoddy. Go figure.

--B
  • Reply 8 of 8
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    I have a problem with the student edition too. I have only ran into one problem though... I accidentally hit enter - not enter and return (on my PB) on the notebook layout and I get an unfilled box instead of maybe carriage returning or nothing at all. That's the only problem I can find with it right now.