Best online photo processing???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I would like to find an easy to use (upload software) apple friendly online site. maybe one that integrates with iphoto. i've tried walmart but the pictures are dark, ofoto doen't have upload software for my mac. i'm looking to upload about 100 vacation pictues with multiples (4x6)

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    I've used dotPhoto prior to my Mac days and sent pictures via FTP.

They print on Kodak paper (various grades available at various prices) and I am content with the ~600 prints I've received from them.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    iPhoto uses Kodak and their prices for 4 x 6's seem competitive and the quality is great.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    MacWorld reviews online printers this month.

I have used Snapfish quite a bit in the past and I use printroom.com for larger prints.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac on a Mac

MacWorld reviews online printers this month.

I have used Snapfish quite a bit in the past and I use printroom.com for larger prints.

doesn't snapfish integrate with iphoto??

were the photos' sharp and vivid and used the newest kodak processing??

a kodak kiosk at walmart which are very nice, cost 36 cents but i have to adjust the processing and wait wait wait, remember i want to do about 100 125 4x6 prints
  • Reply 5 of 10
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    I use the Adorama photo finishing because they use Kodak Royal (better than Crystal Archive or regular Kodak). The paper is much thicker and the matte is much more of a matte than pearl/semi-gloss.

Their shipping is overpriced though so i do not use them as often as i would. When i just need quick prints and quality is not a big issue, i use Wal-Mart. Anybody with a digital mini-lab would work but Wal-Mart does matte (albeit a strange textured matte).

When i get a membership, i may use Costco for everything. I like what i have seen but i have yet to do any extensive tests
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I use the Adorama photo finishing because they use Kodak Royal (better than Crystal Archive or regular Kodak). The paper is much thicker and the matte is much more of a matte than pearl/semi-gloss.

Their shipping is overpriced though so i do not use them as often as i would. When i just need quick prints and quality is not a big issue, i use Wal-Mart. Anybody with a digital mini-lab would work but Wal-Mart does matte (albeit a strange textured matte).

When i get a membership, i may use Costco for everything. I like what i have seen but i have yet to do any extensive tests
  • Reply 7 of 10
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

doesn't snapfish integrate with iphoto??

were the photos' sharp and vivid and used the newest kodak processing??

a kodak kiosk at walmart which are very nice, cost 36 cents but i have to adjust the processing and wait wait wait, remember i want to do about 100 125 4x6 prints

Apple's is 19 cents for a print.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    so i can use iphoto what i did was split my order between shutterfly--(installed there iphoto pluggin (.29) and from kodak though iphoto(.19)

nice thing about shutterfly they allow you put a caption on the back but for .10 more....well we'll see.

i'll give you my own update when i get the prints in a few days.

it's a lot easier to do all the editing from iphoto instead of standing in front of that walmart kiosk and save lots of bucks including gas. i had about 120 prints of summer stuff and kids. it would be easier if all grandparents had broadband internet (hey a new medicare benefit??? so then they could just go to my apple web site.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    A big thing i forgot about that you may or may not care about is i need to make sure that the back of the print has the file name. When i print somehting that gets framed, i need to be able to look on the back and find the correspodning digital file
  • Reply 10 of 10
    SHUTTER FLY is way better than kodak

also with shutterfly it works directly with iphoto with download that interfaces with iphoto very very easy

pictures we vibrant, bright pro looking, kodak grainy and washed out, bland. very noticeable

also YOU CAN PUT A CAPTION OR FILE NAME ON THE BACK OF EACH

PICTURE VERY NEAT.

shutterfly is a bit more expensive BUT with freebies and shipping charges only a bit more than kodak, the look is so much better and 10 cents cheaper than the kodak kiosk at walmart

SHUTTERFLY IS MY VOTE