Where are IE 5 settings held?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Happy New year to all, and I have a beginner's question: I run IE 5 on OS 8.5 and in the past couple of days have had various extension problems not yet fully resolved.

One result is that IE 5 reinstalled itself (why, I'm not sure) and all my Favorites were wiped out. Assuming they haven't been irretrievably deleted, where would they be held, and can I reinstall them?

Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    They are located in a file called "favorites" which is in your "Explorer" folder, nested in your "Prefs" folder, which is in your "Sys" Folder, which is on your drive. You may have lost them. I always back them up once a month.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    For anyone on OS X who is looking for this information, it's in /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Explorer/ .
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Sorry about the delay getting back to you, and thanks for the reply. I think they must have been overwritten by IE, as what is located in the Favorites file are the new preferences.

I tried using Sherlock to see if there were any other Favorites files, and found one in a folder called "Saved By ICW", but those were a brand new set of favorites, not my customised ones.

I might try using Norton to see if it can retrieve my old Favorites from the Trash, but I don't hold out much hope!

Thanks for your assistance anyway, and if you have any more tips, they'd be very welcome!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: alanwoollcombe ]

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: alanwoollcombe ]</p>