PS CS afraid of the internet

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I had this problem, listed on adobe's site:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331627.html

-- Error: "Could not complete your request because of a program error" when you try to open a file.

-- Error: "Could not create a new document because of a program error" when you try to create a new file.

The only thing that works to keep it from doing this is unplugging the internet.

Even if I start PS CS with the internet unplugged, when I plug it in again, it only takes 30 seconds for the program to start bugging out again.

I don't need PS CS to access the internet, and though I think it's sweet how adobe is "looking out for my best interests by making sure I'm not pirating" (or whatever it's doing), I'd prefer it to work instead.

Any ideas.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    sounds like a corrupted file, did you recently upgrade the OS or somehting of that magnatude?

A few things to try:

check for and DL/install updates in all Adobe apps (particularly Photoshop and Acrobat) to make sure you have the latest (tiger-ready) versions of your tools

Check and Repair permissions in Disk Utility,

delete and reinstall Photoshop

(edit) also DL all OSX updates, 4.0-4.1 may fix it if you havent done that yet

if that fails

Call Adobe and bitch at them because you are a paying customer after all...

None of the pirates I know have this issue...funny how the paying customer is the only one screwed by this crap...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    I've been having a few kernel panics lately while using spotlight.

It gives an error when I try to print out of most programs too. I've run fsck -fy and permissions. I've also remade the prefs file in PS CS.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I've been deleting random preference files and reconfiguring.. nothing's fixing it yet.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Hey it just started working again for some reason. I didn't update anything or change anything, it just decided to start working again.