A new site for OS X on x86 hardware

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I just came across a new wiki and forum dedicated to running OS X on non-Apple hardware. It seems that they've made quite a bit of progress - they've compiled Darwin 8.1, and with the files leaked a few weeks back from WWDC, they've gotten close to getting a GUI up (not bad on totally unsupported hardware).

While I'm sure many of you are as skeptical as I was, I'll have to say I was impressed with their professionality and work. I just found it interesting and thought I'd share!

Check it out: (Text Edited By Moderator)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Hmmmm. Another first poster advertising a website. \
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Bold...a 'professional' page talking about how to install unreleased and pirated Apple software on a machine that breaks the Mac OS X EULA.

How long will this page stay up? I say 3 days.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    baranovichbaranovich Posts: 184member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Bold...a 'professional' page talking about how to install unreleased and pirated Apple software on a machine that breaks the Mac OS X EULA.

How long will this page stay up? I say 3 days.

My bet is 2 days, Apple Legal is gonna TOAST these guys....
  • Reply 4 of 5
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Yeah, what I'm gonna do here is delete the URL of that site. I don't lock threads, so discussion can continue. The URL points to a site that describes how to use pirated software, and I think that is something AI would not want to have posted.

As a reminder, if you want to ask about stuff like that, do not post it publicly here. All such posts asking for info about pirated software will be deleted and the poster subject to posting and/or membership restriction.

-JL
  • Reply 5 of 5
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

Yeah, what I'm gonna do here is delete the URL of that site. I don't lock threads, so discussion can continue. The URL points to a site that describes how to use pirated software, and I think that is something AI would not want to have posted.

As a reminder, if you want to ask about stuff like that, do not post it publicly here. All such posts asking for info about pirated software will be deleted and the poster subject to posting and/or membership restriction.

-JL

Respectfully and without seeing the site itself, I think you're overreacting. No one is requesting software. We've seen plenty of hack jobs like this before, and personally I see nothing wrong with linking to them.