powerbook burning cds

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hi, i have a powerbook 17 inch g4 and the dvd- rom drive recently broke. i replaced it with a newer "better" matshita dvd-rom drive and can still burn CDs using toast, but not using iTunes. Toast seems to recognize the new one while itunes still thinks i have my old one and wont burn, how do i remedy this? thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan

hi, i have a powerbook 17 inch g4 and the dvd- rom drive recently broke. i replaced it with a newer "better" matshita dvd-rom drive and can still burn CDs using toast, but not using iTunes. Toast seems to recognize the new one while itunes still thinks i have my old one and wont burn, how do i remedy this? thanks.

Is it just iTunes, or the whole Mac OS that doesn't see the drive? Can you check Apple System Profiler to see what it thinks is there?

Or move the file "com.apple.iTunes.plist" to the Desktop and restart iTunes. Move it back, replacing, if that doesn't help.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    This is what i get in the system profiler, though i am supposed to be able to burn discs said the company when i got it put in:

MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-835S:

ManufacturertMATSHITA

ModeltMATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-835S

RevisiontG100

Serial Numbert

Drive TypetCD-RW/DVD-RW

Disc BurningtNot Supported

Removable MediatYes

Detachable DrivetNo

ProtocoltATAPI

Unit Numbert0

Socket TypetInternal
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan

This is what i get in the system profiler, though i am supposed to be able to burn discs said the company when i got it put in:

MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-835S:

ManufacturertMATSHITA

ModeltMATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-835S

RevisiontG100

Serial Numbert

Drive TypetCD-RW/DVD-RW

Disc BurningtNot Supported

Removable MediatYes

Detachable DrivetNo

ProtocoltATAPI

Unit Numbert0

Socket TypetInternal

This clearly states that Disc Burning is Not Supported. I'd send the drive back and try another model.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    last ditch attempt:

try this site

http://www.patchburn.de/

good luck