Mouse tracking speed is too high! Help!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just replaced my four year old kensington optical elite with a new kensington optical elite. Though they look remarkably similiar in design except the color scheme, this mouse tracks way too fast!

At 800 DPI (the other must be 400) my mouse flies across the screen on every mouse setting. Now, on the most left mouse speed, it is way too slow and one notch to the right is way too fast.

I'm trying to find the file that dictates mouse tracking speed so that I may give it a more custom tracking speed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    djbamberdjbamber Posts: 13member
    Did you use Kensington's Mouseworks Program. I know that I got mine when I bought a Studio mouse. The program has the capabilities to change functions, speeds, ect.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Ya, but even with Mouseworks it's still too fast.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MajorMatt

Ya, but even with Mouseworks it's still too fast.

USB Overdrive, at http://www.usboverdrive.com , should forever solve your mouse problems. Don't waste time with those "mouse zoom" utilities - they don't contain an actual driver. I've used this app for many years and it's the first thing I install on a new system. It's nagware but well worth twice the price (I think it's 20 or 25 dollars, but of course you can use it free as long as you want to try it out).
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks just what I needed, Both my apple one button mouse and my ms optical explorer were running way to slow even at the fastest tracking speed.