Would this Dell monitor work with a Mac's DVI connector?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Any one using this dell monitor with their Mac?

Dell has a really good price on this monitor this week, so was curious if it would work with my Mac Mini (which has a DVI port.) Currently using a Viewsonic monitor with the DVI to SVGA adaptor.

Thanks!

Scott

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    It will work.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    wingnutwingnut Posts: 197member
    Yeah, DVI on Macs works the same as on any PC.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    gnypgnyp Posts: 37member
    Yes, Dell always has good deals, i got the 20.1" Widescreen for less then $500 6 months ago, color look great, 0 dead pixel!! Everything work great with my 17" powerbook!

And the 24" widescreen is a good deal too!

get it!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    You should watch out for Dell's monitors, expecially the 24'' inch.

I just RMAed mine. The picture is great, but the powersupply is noisy. Once the monitor heats up, it starts making loud (for me) high pitched sounds.

I actually went through 3 of those (Dell patiently was sending me new ones), but all 3 of them have this whine to one degree or another.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by skatman

You should watch out for Dell's monitors, expecially the 24'' inch.

I just RMAed mine. The picture is great, but the powersupply is noisy. Once the monitor heats up, it starts making loud (for me) high pitched sounds.

I actually went through 3 of those (Dell patiently was sending me new ones), but all 3 of them have this whine to one degree or another.

my viewsonic has the same prob, but only for 3-4 seconds when starting it up...personally I'd go for the regular 20" dell...seems a better value than the wide 20" or the wide 24"...a good indicator: look at the pixels on each model.