why no funky stuff for admin?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
im the admin on my home mac anyways, im not getting the funky minimize and maximize animations. i do however get them on my parents account. i do believe that this is a feature because mac assumes that no admin would want the animations. how do i get them on my admin account?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Open SystemPrefs and Dock and there choose either Genie or the other one.

Dobby.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    This has nothing to do with your account being an admin. I have admin on quite a few boxes (both local and OpenDirectory), and none of them is any different that normal users.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    zfmtzfmt Posts: 53member
    "This has nothing to do with your account being an admin. I have admin on quite a few boxes (both local and OpenDirectory), and none of them is any different that normal users."

o okay. so i was making up then?

but what dobby said worked thanks
  • Reply 4 of 5
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zfmt

"This has nothing to do with your account being an admin. I have admin on quite a few boxes (both local and OpenDirectory), and none of them is any different that normal users."

Don't take it personally. Karl Kuehn simply said that you are looking in the wrong direction, not that you are making up things.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zfmt

but what dobby said worked thanks

Yes, it was user error. There is no difference between Admin and non-Admin accounts except for their access priveledges.