Motorola V3x

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.slashphone.com/83/2249.html White=Yum

Originally model V1150, they're renamed it the V3x due in the 4th Quarter of 2005. It's likely to be available through Cingular http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000687046729/

With the phone manufactured by Motorola & network by Cingular, I hope it stands a chance at being iTunes compatible.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BJNY

http://www.slashphone.com/83/2249.html White=Yum

Interesting. I just got the black Razr V3 last week. I like this one with the new 2.0 megapixel camera.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I saw one yesterday, T-Mobile has them (yea!) but i wasn't impressed. There's no memory and the buttons feel weird. i can't imagine trying to type on that thing. It's only a cool factor, it's not very functional.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I thought it would be difficult at first, but the keys are actually easier to type on than my old Nokia phone. I really like the phone. As for no memory, do you mean the 5 meg that it does have is like not having any memory?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    The v3x is a 3G phone, which is why it's heavier (130g versus 95g) and somewhat less thin. However it gains a better camera, the 3G network bit (means only Cingular will get it as they're the ones building a compatible 3G network in the States, although Europe and elsewhere will be fine), and more memory.

Basically it's the Razr for those who want a feature phone rather then a phone phone.

As for the Razr not having much memory, that's true. Your point? It's not a music phone, it's a camera phone only to a very limited extent (mostly I would think for Photo Caller ID, which is all I ever use mine for), and doesn't do video capture without a fair bit of modding. What does it need the memory for?

It's just a really really nice phone, with menus that are pretty average, Motorola should hire some Apple guys for their interface. I don't hate it to the extent some do, but it could use work.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I agree. I like the Razr V3 that I have. It does everything that I need for it to do. If I want to do photography, I have a Canon A80 for that. If I want to do video, I have a digital video camera for that. If I want to play music or listen to podcasts, I have my iPod for that.

When I want to talk on the phone, I have the Razr.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Yeah I hate all this convergence junk.

Sure, I have a laptop, a phone, a camera, and an mp3 player; respectively a 12" PB, a Razr, a Pentax Optio SV, and an iPod mini. I like a bunch of separate (although small and cool) gadgets. I probably could get some kind of combo device; for example a Sony-Ericsson K750i with the W800i flash/flex could theoretically replace all but the laptop but in no way would it match all their combined features or quality. The camera and laptop I keep in my bag, and the iPod and Razr fit fine in my pockets. Any device that managed to match their combined features and quality would not fit in my pockets and would probably cost more then their combined price.

It will get better but separate devices will always be either better for the same size or smaller. Simple physics. After a certain point it won't matter when everything is extremely small but for awhile it will.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    I like the white!

Just a note though... Future Hardware is for Apple and Apple related products.... not mobile phones...

Moving to General.

b.