Motorola plans media event, Jobs likely to attend

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    I just got a notice that someone called "audiopollution" responded.

Where is (s)he?
  • Reply 22 of 26
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

I wish most people saw it that way.

You don't understand; I'm not talking about the storage or POP3 or whatever offered, I'm just talking about the name. And what is 'most people' ? Most people don't even use Macs, so that doesn't make sense.

The point is, if @mac and @gmail were equal both in storage and services offered, then I don't see why a Mac community wouldn't go with @mac

That's what I'm saying.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

two dozen songs in its currnet configuration. wouldn't it be interesting if the phone could stream songs from your .mac account? would give a lot of people some incentive to upgrade that .mac account, wouldn't it?

no incentive at all so long as

a: the total file limit is 250MB

b: they charge for network time

c: DOT Mac is mac only (non windows)
  • Reply 24 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

You don't understand; I'm not talking about the storage or POP3 or whatever offered, I'm just talking about the name. And what is 'most people' ? Most people don't even use Macs, so that doesn't make sense.

The point is, if @mac and @gmail were equal both in storage and services offered, then I don't see why a Mac community wouldn't go with @mac

That's what I'm saying.

I understand what you're saying. I'm not talking about storage either. I'm just talking about the name.

Most people don't use Mac's, yes, you get it.

I've had people tell me that when they give their address out as .mac, they're ridiculed as being fanatics or fanboys, or worse.

In the Mac community it's different of course.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I was talking about people buying Macs, which makes more a Mac community. Whoever ridicules people because their e-mail is @mac or @whatever - is to be ridiculed himself.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    ed zander & motorola - watching the webcast now

euuu... very hard sell style of keynote, not the RDF-glowing-aura of Jobs i'm used to

edit1:

talking about GSM/Wi-Fi combo phone

edit2:

talking about "whole home media" home media video-server thing streaming to various displays around the house, "MOVE" --> DVR that sends signals to mobile phone, kitchenTV, etc.

edit3:

broadband video

edit4:

moto OjO : home videoconferencing videocalls, etc.

edit5:

RFID through printed INK

edit6:

metallic pink RAZR

moto PEBL

edit7:

no sign of ROKR iTunes phone

moto FUCKOFF

whatever. they can kiss my ass. i'll stick to my sony ericsson, thank you.

ed zander seems to be doing good though, with the product line rollouts, moto Everywhere stuff and moto has got some good creative/ad work behind them. Why can't they fucking get the iPhone ready though? whatever.