phone/pda advice

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i'm a verizon customer and looking at the treo 650. i was wondering if anyone could share their experiences syncing the treo/other smart phones to their mac(s). i run a pb g4 at home and an imac g5 at work and live by ical, mail, address book and my safari bookmarks that are shared nicely between my work and home computers...i want to make sure that my smart phone will also play nicely. any feedback? i keep hearing verizon is not good with bluetooth.

i'd like to think that apple and moto are going to do something really cool next week, but i'm done holding my breath...

thanks for feedback.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I've a Treo650 (but with Sprint).

It plays quite well with my mac. It will sync over both USB and Bluetooth just fine ... Addressbook and iCal. You have to install the Palm Desktop software, but you don't have to actually use it . (I THINK that iSync syncs with the PalmDesktop, then that gets transfered to the Treo... It's seamless to me though, it just works )

I got free email for the first two months and it had no problems accessing my .mac email, but i didn't pay for that when the freebie ran out (i just had no need for it.)