Best option for an external LCD monitor with a Powerbook?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am weighing a few different monitors for home and I was hoping for some input. I love the Apple 20" LCD, but the cost seems extreme and everyone has been talking dead pixels which is concerning.

Best Buy has some insane deals on the LC Flat line right now, but the big issue here is resolution. The LGs max out at 1280 whereas the Apple jumps up to 1600. I am used to 1280, but I was hoping to hear from people who have 15" PBs and would love to know what your setups are.

Also if anyone really loves their Apple or other monitor, then I would like to hear that as well.

Thank all.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Look for a good price on the 20 inch widescreen Dell. Its basically the 20 inch Apple in a plastic enclosure.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    imantaimanta Posts: 29member
    Yeah I saw people mention this as well, but I am a bit jaded as I have had on and off experiences with Dell. I have had a lot of their systems and they have really gone downhill in the quality department. Has anyone had any problems with their Dell screens out there with the PB?

Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    awalawal Posts: 66member
    imanta-

I feel your pain, but I went ahead and got a Dell 20" for my PB last week and I love it. No dead pixels, perfect picture. I found it for $550 on Dell's Small Business Website- it's definitely worth saving the $150.

-awal