Acrobat 7 Touch Up Tool?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
This is my problem and I'm not sure why it happens. It only happens once in a while but enough to annoy me.

I receive an Acrobat file and some of the images are RGB and I need to convert them to CMYK or possibly Grayscale. Normally I would use Acrobat's Touch-Up Tool and Option+Double click on the image and it will open up in PhotoShop. Once in PhotoShop I change the mode to CMYK and then save it and it saves the converted image in my original PDF file. Now for some reason after I convert the image to CMYK (I don't do anything else, only convert it to CMYK) and I save the image, the image moves in my PDF file. The image jumps off the page or moves down to the corner of the PDF file.

Yes, I can manually move the images back but many times it is impossible to get the images back to their exact location because the page is so busy. I have PitStop and sometimes I can use it to convert them but PitStop isn't a sure thing either. Many PDF files give PitStop problems and I would much rather just convert them using PhotoShop.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have noticed it using Acrobat 5, 6, & 7 and PhotoShop 7, CS, and CS 2. I have also tried OS 9, 10.28, 10.3.9, and 10.4.1 with no luck. It seems like the problem files are coming from PDF files generated using InDesign (CS and CS 2), although I'm not for sure.

Thanks