.wmv and Tiger

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I had wmv capabilties on panther but I can not get it to work with Tiger I downloaded it awhile back but deleted it for that reason. How can I get this back? I really get lots of .wmv via email that I miss out on. I know there is a way to view these but I can not figure it out...Help! I even got Quicktime pro 7 because I was told that would work but that doesn't...it figures. Any direction would be appreciated.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 9
    max_naylormax_naylor Posts: 194member
    Have you tried Windows Media Player?



    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...x/default.aspx
  • Reply 2 of 9
    inapinap Posts: 41member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by max_naylor

    Have you tried Windows Media Player?



    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...x/default.aspx




    YES I HAVE but I keep getting "There is no default application specified to open document WindowsMedia.sitx and all the apps i try, will not do it
  • Reply 3 of 9
    smalmsmalm Posts: 652member
    .wmv for QuickTime



    bought the Player Pro and it works perfectly

    trashed the Windows Media Player immediately
  • Reply 4 of 9
    inapinap Posts: 41member
    i'll check it out .......Thanks!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    inapinap Posts: 41member
    I tried it ( the trial version) I came to a spinning beachball hault! lol I had to restart to get out of it. I think I'll pass lol I have to be doing something wrong. I'll pay the first guy to haul his butt over here and set this thing up right..thats how pissed I'm getting!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

    Originally posted by iNAP

    YES I HAVE but I keep getting "There is no default application specified to open document WindowsMedia.sitx and all the apps i try, will not do it



    I got the same message when I downloaded that file. I had to download Stuffit Expander in order to uncompress the file. For some reason Safari can't process sitx files.



    BTW: Windows Media Player really sucks on Tiger.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    inapinap Posts: 41member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

    I got the same message when I downloaded that file. I had to download Stuffit Expander in order to uncompress the file. For some reason Safari can't process sitx files.



    BTW: Windows Media Player really sucks on Tiger.




    Can you suggest another that will work? If Windows Media Player sucks on Tiger, there must be something out there that Apple recommends using?

    I think I am going to get Stuffit though the Apple store for other things, but if that WMV is my only choice I guess it will help with that also These programs get you coming and going$$$$$$$$$$$ wise, if you know what I mean
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I don't think we have much choice but to use WMV. Unless it's super critical, I usually trash any wmv files I receive.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    just download the free stuffit-expander. .wmv has been my only reason to download that piece of obsoleteware, which is kind of ironic.
Sign In or Register to comment.