Carbon windows in OS 9

evoevo
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Windows of Carbon apps have one glaring annoyance compared to Classic windows in OS 9.

I use 1175x870 res. mainly, so when I switch to 640x480 (for games) and back, all my Carbon apps are mostly off the screen at the top left corner.

This is so annoying.

I wish Carbon windows would "remember" where they are on the screen like Classic windows, when switching resolutions.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Could it be fixed in CarbonLib somehow? How can I forward this to Apple?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    OS9? What's that? :confused:

Seriously, though, are you sure that this only happens with Carbon apps? I've noticed that IE (a non-carbon app, the OS9 version) and a few other apps always have positions screwed up after certain resolution changes. However, this is not their or Apple's fault!! This is the fault of the app that changes the resolution. There are ways to "cleanly" change the resolution that freezes background apps so that they will properly return as though nothing happened. If the games you play are causing trouble in other apps, it's the fault of the developers who wrote that game.

Just my 2¢.