Get Your Aluminium-Skinned Calculator Widget Here

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
if you're getting sick of orange calc widget, various skins have been making the rounds at macrumors.com

edit: widget removed due to cleaning up my personal website where it was hosted

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    ke^inke^in Posts: 98member
    Would have looked better without the brushed texture.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    21 years without a "Clear Entry" key, and still going strong!
  • Reply 3 of 18
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Tsk, tsk tsk... Picky picky picky

Here's the original Macrumors thread, you will find the brushless graphite texture somewhere in there. along with a hideous green and purple skin. But you gotta hack the widget package yourself

I never quite figured out the C and CE key, even on a regular casio calculator. i never trusted the C, i always liked 'soft rebooting' the calculator by bashing the CE key or whatever master clear button five times before starting on my math problem again.

GRRR i hated high school math. if it was more tied in to computer science or art (eg perspective, geometry, 3d graphics) it would have been way more fun.

or even better, if it was tied in to personal finance and business, so we can actually USE this shit to make MONEY...!!

but no... damn British bullocks educational systems..!!
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ke^in

Would have looked better without the brushed texture.

Original Macrumors Calc Skin Thread here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...alculator+skin
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Now if someone could only write a calculator that uses reverse polish notation (RPN- Enter key with no equal sign). I'm forever warped using HP calculators for the last 3 decades. I use a normal calculator and I mess up every other attempt.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

Now if someone could only write a calculator that uses reverse polish notation (RPN- Enter key with no equal sign). I'm forever warped using HP calculators for the last 3 decades. I use a normal calculator and I mess up every other attempt.

whoa. that's uberGeek stuff

i also hated all my 'graphing calculator' excercises in high school... now if we had Grapher on Mac OS X, way different story heh
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:

Sheesh - there should be an RPN calculator out there SOMEWHERE. Have you checked VT and MacUpdate? Or the Widgets sites?
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:

I never quite figured out the C and CE key,

Assume you are calculating 15*1.02*175.

185 (mistake)

CE clear entry - clears only the "185"

=
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:

How about a SlideRule program?
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Quote:

there are many of them available. last i checked there were at least 3 widgets. for an app i used pcalc. good program.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by admactanium

there are many of them available. last i checked there were at least 3 widgets. for an app i used pcalc. good program.

i want an adamantium-skinned calculator widget
  • Reply 12 of 18
    voloxvolox Posts: 11member
    Quote:

Calculator.app can switch to RPN. View > RPN
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Volox

whoa no way..!
  • Reply 14 of 18
    is there anything that apple hasn't thought of ???

conf1rmed! RPN is there
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Quote:

is there anything that apple hasn't thought of ???

"Clear Entry" key.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

"Clear Entry" key.

never happy... tsk tsk tsk

apparently RPN is more important than separate CE & C keys
  • Reply 17 of 18
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

...separate CE & C keys...

Try typing in a simple calculation and screwing up the last of (oh, lets say) three entries. CE rules! Where is it, Apple?
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Volox

When did that happen?

One big slap upside my head.

Big thank you for pointing that out. Sometimes you just have to love these fora.