Steve Jobs to keynote Apple Expo Paris

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cybermonkey

It's going to be the ' Ithink! '

An apple badge you stick to your forehead and it interfaces with your brain, people will say "Ok there's the computer, But where's the screen?" And i shall reply " It's in my mind! "

Either that or it's bound to be the companion to mightymouse the 'Mighty Keyboard' Every word in the dictionary will be on a roller which just happens to be touch sensitive to make it easier to find what you want.

Please! I just hate it when people just make up fanciful stuff without thinking it through. Man.

Dude, the Mighty Keyboard will interface with the apple badge on your forehead, so as you think of words, it'll find the dictionary entry, offer synonyms and such, and automatically enter the words in the document (think about the famous Terminator scene in the hotel room, just like that - which, by the way, was done using an Apple II, I believe I read somewhere).

Roller with all words on it. Please, that's just lame. How would you find a word if you don't know how to spell it? At least with the Apple badge, it determines it from the phonetics of how it sounds in your head.

As for the Powerbook G5. Now that's just fantasyland, people!
  • Reply 22 of 31
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Holy crap! What the hell are we all thinking? Obviously he's announcing the merger of Sony and Apple, and Sony's PS3 will use OS X as its engine, and be a suitable mini replacement.

Geesh, we're looking for lemonade and there's primo iced tea right in front of us (primo as in "well-brewed", not as in "crappy fruity-flavored beverage that people call iced tea but just tastes like piss" that Snapple popularized and now they serve in too many restaurants).
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Louzer

Please! I just hate it when people just make up fanciful stuff without thinking it through. Man.

Dude, the Mighty Keyboard will interface with the apple badge on your forehead, so as you think of words, it'll find the dictionary entry, offer synonyms and such, and automatically enter the words in the document (think about the famous Terminator scene in the hotel room, just like that - which, by the way, was done using an Apple II, I believe I read somewhere).

Roller with all words on it. Please, that's just lame. How would you find a word if you don't know how to spell it? At least with the Apple badge, it determines it from the phonetics of how it sounds in your head.

As for the Powerbook G5. Now that's just fantasyland, people!

Dude, get a sense of humour!!

The mighty keyboard was a seperate idea from the ithink and are not meant to be related

I just hate it when people try to make fanciful stuff into real world appliances

Still the Ithink is a top tip
  • Reply 24 of 31
    I doubt that it'll be simple updates and speedbumps, although that could be a part of it. I'm going to go with the theory that it'll be something new, but anything beyond that is pure speculation.

EDIT: In my opinion, we won't see a G5 PB anytime soon; it's just too close to the intelPB.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by w_parietti22

well didn't they say the first one would be out by June 2006. It doesnt mean absolutely not... and just cause the annouce it doesnt mean that they have to realese it right away.

No, no. Steve Jobs said 'next year' when talking about the start of the Intel transition at the WWDC, but he also said shipping products by this time next year (June 2006). So there will be no Intel hardware announced in Paris.

I think Apple needs do something big as well. I am hoping anyway...
  • Reply 26 of 31
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    It should be mega PowerMacs as the last hurrah and to prove Jobs wasn't lying about more G5's. This with even better Xcode, iWork and an Intel update and "just one more thing..." which to me will be most likely a widget viewer.

Yes an iWidg! A handheld with 4" screen and scroll ball 'a la Mighty Mouse, a Blackberry keyboard and airport card. It would run on a unix base that only ran small widget programs that are evolving into mini iApps as it is!
  • Reply 27 of 31
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    What about a dual core Xserve G5? Steve did say there were more G5 tricks up his sleeve.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

What about a dual core Xserve G5? Steve did say there were more G5 tricks up his sleeve.

The server business really seems the most problematic for Apple when it comes to Mactelling everything. I have no idea what enterprise would think about investing in more G5 servers.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by AppleInsider

But for Jobs, this year's event will mark the first time in over two years that he will present publicly in Europe.

Not true: Jobs announced the iTMS in Britain, France and Germany in London in June 2004.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    I'm still holding out for the AirPort A/V. Maybe it's still too early, though. iTunes does trailers and videos, but I don't think that's compelling enough content. Streaming iMovies is nice, but I doubt an adoption driver. And then there's the whole composite, component, S-video, DVI, HDMI panopoly of connectors to deal with. But some day wireless video will happen.

Monster PMacs would be nice.

Otherwise my crystal ball is clouded.

- Jasen.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    There is going to be no keynote at Paris. I'm disappointed as I've now got a useless keynote ticket.

http://www.apple-expo.com/uk/keynote/