PLEEASSE Help

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I can't open iTunes and every time i try to the message... "The folder 'iTunes' cannot be found or created, and is required. The default location for this folder is inside the 'Music' folder," comes up. I tried looking in my Music folder and the iTunes folder is in there. I downloaded Windows Media Player the day before this problem started happening. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Download and reinstall iTunes. If that doesn't work then I'll think of something else.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    hankx32hankx32 Posts: 121member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

Download and reinstall iTunes. If that doesn't work then I'll think of something else.

Thanks. I tried that the first time also and it didn't work but this time it did.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I figure I'll ask a question on this thread rather than starting a new one. I am currently in the Middle East and my iPod is certainly looking the worse for wear. The screen is totally scratched from sand abrasion, as is the case. I didn't think to get a fully enclosed case for it before coming over here and the skins they sell don't protect the screen, nor do they prevent sand from getting under the skin and scratching the hell out of it.

So here's my question. Is there a way to get a whole new face for an iPod? I believe it's not something CD scratch remover will handle, but perhaps. I want to know my options. It would be better if Apple would make them far more durable, but the Middle East desert is extreme and I wouldn't expect them to meet this standard.

Any ideas on new parts?

Thanks a bunch.

Brian Green

Firefighter
  • Reply 4 of 7
    thanks tonton, I'll give it a try.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Don't forget the stuff that pilots use to polish their 'windshields'.

I've used toothpaste in some cases. It's a fairly fine abrasive.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

I've used toothpaste in some cases. It's a fairly fine abrasive.

That is a great cure for scrached and scuffed CDs as well.