PS CS2 overseas purchase?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ok, I'm in the market for buying Abobe's photoshop but have noticed some startling price differences here in the Uk compared to the states \

On Adobe's site both cd and download version go for $599 which currently translates to £337 However the going price over here is £500

Even with V.A.T added @ 17.5% it's £396 I understand there's the shipping and oversea's thing but surely thaty doesn't amount to over £100 difference?

Anyways whats stopping me from buying the downloaded version from adobe's site and getting it for £337 and avoiding all the extra costs incurred for living in the UK?

Also, When is adobe likely going to update it? I know about the intel thing which is fine but i don't want to buy it now and then find CS 3 is out next week

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    Sure you can buy it at the US price. (Adobe may not sell it to you directly at the UK price since your credit card is UK based.)

But that matters little. ebay, lots of other online vendors will sell it to you at the US price. It's easy.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Cheers for the reply,

I'll give it a shot later on today (rubbing hands together)

I'm just hopeing the UK customs havent caught on to this yet
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Adobe Photoshop CS2 Downloadable (Macintosh) English

\t£ 445.00\t \t£ 538.45\t

Well i tried adobe just for the fun of it.

you right about them pointing me elsewhere but i've done the math and the price don't work out. For example that second figure above is suppossed to be £445 + 17.5% which according to my calculator works out @ £522.88 ( 445 / 100 = 4.45 x 17.5 = 77.875 + 445 = 522.88 ) Also that £445 is not a direct conversion figure, converting that from pounds sterling to us dollars works out @ $791.34

i would Just love to know what there adding in there

Anyways i'm going to shop around the US and see what luck i get on the download version.