mouse acceleration

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi there!

I have a Logitech mouse connected to my Powerbook, using the Logitech mouse drivers. When MacOS boots the desktop (after logging in), suddenly my mouse accereration is very high. I cannot change this setting with Logitech preferences (only assign certain buttons to certain actions) - only with the default Apple mouse settings.

Funny enough, when I just click on the scrollbar that determins the mouse acceleration, it is fixed. I do not move the scrollbar, I just click on it. Then, the acceleration is normal.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It is annoying to correct this mistake everytime I boot MacOS. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    You may want to try the USB Overdrive drivers instead. 3rd party, but they tend to be more reliable than the manufacturer's.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    I second the advice for USB Overdrive, but first you should make sure that there is no other third-party mouse software that you installed, and second, disable the Logitech stuff to make sure that it is the problem.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    before I install, the software description on the link provided says "10.3.9".

Does the software work well under 10.4.2?

Thanks for the tips!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by dacloo

before I install, the software description on the link provided says "10.3.9".

Does the software work well under 10.4.2?

Thanks for the tips!

Yes, works just fine.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    reverted to standard mac drivers; not gonna pay for this usb overdrive thingie.