eyeTV for DTT

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I am considering getting an eyeTV box to be able to watch and record Digital Terrestrial Tv and am thinking about getting the new eyeTV for DTT or a 410 model.

A friend of mine brought his round and tried it out. He seemed to think that you can't plug the eyeTV_DTT model directly into an outside aerial and the antenna that comes with it is pretty useless, so am I restricted to the 410 model.

From what I can see there is no information on the Apple or Terratec's site about plugging a domestic aerial in. I am guessing that my STB has a converter from analogue to digital in where are eyeTV is straight digital? Through a STB I get really good reception so dont think it cn be that

Has anyone used this successfully or have any opinions.

Regards

Tom

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    They do plug into normal (roof) aerials as well as the little (rubbish) one that it comes with. Hope this helps.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chopper3

They do plug into normal (roof) aerials as well as the little (rubbish) one that it comes with. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply Chopper I have tried it in a number of aerials but they dont work so I am assuming that the signals not good enough.. oh well it was worth a try
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by meandmymac

Thanks for the reply Chopper I have tried it in a number of aerials but they dont work so I am assuming that the signals not good enough.. oh well it was worth a try

Works fine with normal aerials as long as your in a strong signal area. If your in a weak area you need a wide gain aerial.