Sell or Repair and sell

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a Powerbook 15.2" Al, completely loaded, 80Gb 5400 HDD, 512, 1.5GHz, 128Mb ATI, Bluetooth, Airport Xtreme, Superdrive. Unfortunately this took a short flight to the ground a couple of months ago and sustained a rather nasty knock to the front left corner (battery side). Since then the machine has worked flawlessly, wireless, bluetooth the works. All it has is a bent case. A call to Apple UK has given me a repair cost of £455.90 to replace the case. I'd like to trade for a 12" Powerbook really anyway. The only thing I really need that means I need a powerbook is audio in.

Should I pay the money and get the 15" repaired or try eBaying it as is?

Opinions welcome...

Cheers

Chris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    You won't make back your 455.90 when you do eBay it. I don't think you'd lose 455.90 trying to sell it with a dent, but who knows.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Why do you want the 12" version in the first place? It isn't that much smaller, and it does not have that nice wide screen.

I mean, the 15" PowerBook is what, 2.6KG? That isn't a lot, and it's small and thin. I got a nice rucksack for mine from RadTech for about 70 bucks. Totally awesome.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Try eBay But set the reserve. This way you won't lose too much.