How do i make Quicktime my default music app?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Right now, iTunes seems to have taken the default spot, and i can't find anything in either of the preferences to change it to Quicktime.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tidelwav

Right now, iTunes seems to have taken the default spot, and i can't find anything in either of the preferences to change it to Quicktime.

This question has been asked and answered a million--no two million--times. Check out File > Get Info in the Finder.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    tidelwavtidelwav Posts: 118member
    I'm sorry, i did do a search and i followed the instructions in the posts i found, but i still can't seem to get it, so i posted.

What i read in other posts was to open the song with Quicktime and click the button that says "always open with". Well, that only works for that one song.

I tried clicking "get info" like you said, but i don't see anything there that gives me the option of making it a default player. Sorry if i sound like a moron... but i'm new to macs and trying to figure this all out at once.

Thanks for any help.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Under Get Info, within the Open With section there is a Change All button that needs to be pressed.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    tidelwavtidelwav Posts: 118member
    OMG, i'm so stupid! You mean "get info" for the .mp3 file!!! I was looking at the "get info" for the Quicktime app... and wondering wtf is wrong here??

:lol

Thanks guys!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

This question has been asked and answered a million--no two million--times. Check out File > Get Info in the Finder.

Don't be so rude, dude. The guy (Tidelwav) is new to Macs, and may not know all the tricks of OS X.

If you're bothered by these topics, simply don't answer.