Download Beta Flash 8 player

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
....be amazed! I downloaded the Flash 8 beta player for Safari / Firefox and the speed improvement is phenomenal. Expect an increase over 500% (depending on the kind of graphics operations).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    it does seem faster. I just googles "Flash Beta 8" and got the place.

I've always felt that flash was better on windows but the speed is better. One improvement on just speed of files you have is to run them in safari (uses Flash Player) rather than quicktime.

Thanks for the tip
  • Reply 2 of 7
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dacloo

....be amazed! I downloaded the Flash 8 beta player for Safari / Firefox and the speed improvement is phenomenal. Expect an increase over 500% (depending on the kind of graphics operations).

Seem a bit faster. I'm delighted Adobe is supporting it.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    About fucking time if true..
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Great news.

Hey, JLL, where are you?

I wonder if...web browsing on the Mac, ala Safari can have this speed improvement?

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 5 of 7
    All I need is a Dual Core PowerMac to ride it on...

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 6 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Haven't downloaded it yet (I just got back from Europe, so I'm still catching up on the latest Mac happenings) but I'm excited to hear that flash will get faster. I was disappointed in the last version as it didn't get sped up as much as I expected.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Hmmm, can't flash and web page drawing take advantage of the Core Image api to speed things up? Or do more technologies need to be rolled into Core Image for this to happen?

I'd like a Core 3D api with a much improved Open GL with version 2 in there...

Lemon Bon Bon