clamshell blueberry HELP its dead

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hey every i need sum advice with my ibook, ok the other day i plugged my yoyo psu in like normal except a few sparks came outta the DC socket and the machine just went dead no lights will light up the computer will not boot aw show any signs of life i dnt have a battery for it so i cant see weather it will run just off the battery i also bought a new yoyo psu but still nothing so i was wondering has the DC-IN board been fried? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks the ibook has not been altered in anyway and i tried resetting the power management with no success please please help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Forget your ibook!

Stay after school and get some help from your english teacher!

Spelling and punctuation would be good areas to concentrate on. After that, move on to general sentence construction.

sheesh... kids these days !
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    It is not looking good. Sparks on the transformer side happen and that is OK. Sparks near the connector indicates something is very wrong. Since you bought a new adapter and it doesn't work, I can only conclude that your computer is fried.

Cheapest place to get one is off Ebay. If you do that, just swap out your hard drive in your old broken laptop into the new one. I don't think the drive would die.

You could also try to have it repaired, but that may cost a lot and it would be better to just get a new laptop.