looking to sell old mac....where should I do it?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I rencently bought a 1.42 ibook, and am looking to sell off my old G4 tower...I was trying to find someone in town, but have not found anyone. eBay my best option? is there any sites people know of that still but used G4 400 yikes?

thanks in advance for the help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I've had very good luck selling old Macs on eBay.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    I suggest ebay, too. My brother just sold his old iBook on ebay for an unbelievable price.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    ebay

You'll almost feel guilty for how much money it sells for.

I just made $290 on an old G4 450 (fully loaded with extras).
  • Reply 4 of 6
    how about shipping, I know they pay...but how much did it cost to send a tower and all the extras like that? where did you do it through?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bmxdmb134

how about shipping, I know they pay...but how much did it cost to send a tower and all the extras like that? where did you do it through?

The last few Macs I sold cost about $30 for shipping, iirc. Calculating shipping is the PITA of Ebay. There's just no easy way to do it. But depending upon how much you make on the Mac, you may not care.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Shipping was over 40 bucks from Pittsburgh to California. But with all the extras, the package was around 50 pounds.

As for shipping calculations, ebay and paypal had it so well integrated that I don't even remember how it works. You list your accepted shipping methods and it will handle the rest.

The automated invoice system emailed both me and the buyer with the correct total, including shipping.