iTunes not importing!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

I have a few CDs with slight or no visible scratches that won't play in my PowerBook Rev. A DVD drive.

First of all, the fact that these same CDs play fine in every other CD player I've ever owned infuriates me.

Secondly, what really pisses me off is when I try to import these into iTunes (on the way to my iPod), iTunes gives no indication that the transfer failed. This results in tracks cut off in the middle, or even in the very beginning of the song. I've seen zero second MP3 files.

This is ridiculous. If the song won't play and iTunes cuts it off then the fscking program should tell me so!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    How about reinstalling iTunes?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    LOL, that response... t'was classic!

Anyway, does the CD mount properly? Can you try playing the music in another app like QuickTime Player?

If your CD is scratched, there's nothing you can do about it. Macs (and some PC's) read audio CD's differently than plain old CD players. Other players can smooth over a skip, but computer players usually choke on bad data. OT: That's why Mac users are making a fuss about the "protected" audio CD's that actually just have bad data on them.