Any Apple Campus Reps around?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm curious if anyone here is an Apple campus rep at their college or university? Before pursuing this, I was just wondering what info/insight you might be able to offer.

Thanks...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ricksbrain

I'm curious if anyone here is an Apple campus rep at their college or university? Before pursuing this, I was just wondering what info/insight you might be able to offer.

Thanks...

I was a campus rep last year, then I graduated. I don't know what to say. It was fun because I got to play with all of the new toys and stuff (they even loaned me a dual 2.5 + 30" for a week).

They do give you a 12" loaded powerbook with all the software (which is nice).

You also get a ton of apple flyers and stuff (if you're into that kind of thing). It's mainly sales and promotion stuff, actually- almost all promotion. It's good 'cause you get to chill out and talk about how great macs are and plan apple centric events.

If you're looking to get into a sales/marketing position somewhere (or at Apple) it is great. But, if you're looking to get into something else technology related, I'd look somewhere else.

I wasn't in sales/marketing, my degree is in telecommuncations, but I did have several interviews with Apple for several positions, ultimately decided that I didn't want to get into it- I would rather be doing creative, which is what I'm in right now and love it. I'd rather use Apple's as tools.

Hope this helps in your decision. I did have a lot of fun, but just wasn't my area.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    interviewed yesterday and became one today! i've been sorta working on getting this job for about 2 years though, so it's hard to give tips.