Linking Dorsal to Apple Statements

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi from a lurker (well, up to now)!

I just read again the posts from DorsalM in the G5 thread and found some possible links to the statements from Apple over the last days:

"Your backstage pass to the future":

What do you do with a backstage pass? Well, you don't have to stand in line with all the others, you just sneak through the backdoor, no waiting, you are right away where the music is (or so).

Dorsal wrote:

[quote]Internally on the main controller (memory+PCI+peripherals - there is no seperate southbridge controller) there is a hyper transport link from PCI controller and peripherals such as ATA/133, USB, audio (also new), etc.<hr></blockquote>

and

[quote]The G5 does not use the MPX protocol to communicate with onboard devices but a never before used protocol called RapidIO. RapidIO is very similar to a highspeed serial bus like Firewire, but works at higher speed because it is a bus strictly for PCB (the actual motherboard). Included on die is a 333MHz 64bit memory controller for DDR-SDRAM.<hr></blockquote>

So, it could be a new kind of revolutionary way the computer works inside, with a huge improvement on overall performance by some other "linkage" of the components a computer is made of.

"To go where no PC has gone before":

This could be as well the above mentioned, plus maybe the following from Dorsal:

[quote] Future personal devices from Apple will have more of an intimate relationship with Apple's desktop hardware, and to a point an integral relationship. Future desktop systems (iMac type machines and modular machines) will have bundled gadgets suited for specific uses (for example: an iPod bundled with an iMac where the iPod would slide in a slot in the imac made for it) depending on the desktop system it comes with. <hr></blockquote>

This might be a new way a desktop is built: not just a box with cable connectors, but with totally new kind of (physically) interaction with peripherical gadgets.

Just my two cents

Ollie

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    A special slot of digital devices such as iPod would certainly be FireWire based...perhaps "GigaWire"?

Kormac has an interesting post in his thread about GigaWire.
  • Reply 1 of 3
    mokimoki Posts: 551member
    Personally, I think the whole hypefest can't be complete without somehow bringing Nostradamus into the picture.

Can anyone link him to the statements Apple has been making?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by moki:

<strong>Personally, I think the whole hypefest can't be complete without somehow bringing Nostradamus into the picture.

Can anyone link him to the statements Apple has been making? </strong><hr></blockquote>

(Servus, Ollie)

No, please. Those give me a headache. Let's try a change of pace.

Ezekiel 30:20-21

"And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the first month, in the seventh day of the month, that the word of Steve came unto me, saying,

Son of Mac, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt;"

This is obviously a sign that dolphins will spring up from the Nile River to live in a G5-powered iPad in the Sahara desert while twin brothers fight over their iWalks.

[edit: spelled Ezekiel wrong. Now I have to deal with that pesky locust plague...]

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: GardenOfEarthlyDelights ]</p>