Still unable to burn CDs

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all

I posted about this a while ago and still face the problem. I am unable to burn an image from any audio CD. I can burn images of data CDs.

The option "Images | New Image from Device" is greyed out when I insert an audio CD.

Does this have something to do with Apple's DRM? The CDs are ones that I own and have owned for over 5 years, so there was no copy protection on CDs at that time.

By the way, I can burn these CDs on Linux and on Windows, so this is something Apple specific or specific to my Mac Mini.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    this doesn't really much answer your question, but i've never much liked apple's approach to copying discs. they certainly discourage it by the clumsiness of it all. maybe spew out some money for a copy of Roxio toast? you can probably get version 6 cheap on ebay
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Hmm... looks like that's the only way! I was trying to see if I can get away without spending any money at all, but if that is the only solution, I do not see I have a choice

Thanks Progmac!

Cheers
  • Reply 3 of 3
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tilt

Hmm... looks like that's the only way! I was trying to see if I can get away without spending any money at all, but if that is the only solution, I do not see I have a choice

Thanks Progmac!

Cheers

oh, it looks like version 7 isn't out yet, so version 6 isn't cheap yet! wait a couple of weeks until version 7 comes out (check http://www.roxio.com ) i'd recommend doing that anyways.

edit: looks like version 7 comes out tomorrow! this should make things easier on you. oh, and check out verstion tracker first in case there is some freeware with the funcionality you need.

generally though, toast is worth the money. it does a lot of great stuff