I need to upgrade my 12"PB HD...recommendations?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a 40GB HD in my 12" 867 PB. It used to seem expansive, but lately, I'm having to delete things like songs and goofy videos to keep from getting a Finder error. So, I've decided that its time to buy a new drive.

I have a few questions:

1) Can anyone recommend a drive? (faster than stock is a BIG plus)

2) Are there any DIY instructions on the web to swap the drive? Link?

3) What's the best app to assist w/setting up the new drive? (Carbon Copy Cloner?

TIA

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    BuMp
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Just did that for a friend of mine, took it completely apart on his 867 PB 12". HD is easy to do but I also replaced his Superdrive to dual layer superdrive. Forgot which drive he got but if I were you, go for the biggest but also a 7200 rpm drive. Next to maximum ram, HD speed is the biggest speed improvement you can make. Follow the instructions from PBFIXIT.COM really easy!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Thanks for the link.

Did you use any SW to help with transferring his data?

Quote:

Originally posted by kwondo

Just did that for a friend of mine, took it completely apart on his 867 PB 12". HD is easy to do but I also replaced his Superdrive to dual layer superdrive. Forgot which drive he got but if I were you, go for the biggest but also a 7200 rpm drive. Next to maximum ram, HD speed is the biggest speed improvement you can make. Follow the instructions from PBFIXIT.COM really easy!