New 8GB Flash Color Minis?!?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
http://thinksecret.com/news/0509ipod.html

I don't know if I can believe this. I would buy one right away if it was even smaller than the current mini.

Macaddict16

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    1) 8 GB Flash is still fairly expensive so I wouldn't count on it....

2) BUT, ThinkSecret has been known to get things right.

3) BUT, I wouldn't expcet anthing in replace of the current iPod mini design, it almost perfect. Too small is BAD, espssialy with screens
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

1) 8 GB Flash is still fairly expensive so I wouldn't count on it....

Two 4GB flash modules are probably cheaper than an 8GB 1" drive.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Just read that an am very excited, but not excited about the fact that next Wednesday will only be for iTunes phones and Paris will only be for minor ipod bumps. APPLE NEEDS TO CHANGE THE DESIGN OF THESE IPODS! They are old and people, especially me, are looking for a new cool look that would justify buying another iPod!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Hmm... Paris? That sounds familiar...

Flash would make total sense for an iPod mini. I mean, after all, most people take their minis to the gym or jogging and use their larger capacity regular iPods in the car and about the home and office. I'm saying the mini is used in situations where a moving-parts hard disk could be bad.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkDifferent

Just read that an am very excited, but not excited about the fact that next Wednesday will only be for iTunes phones and Paris will only be for minor ipod bumps. APPLE NEEDS TO CHANGE THE DESIGN OF THESE IPODS! They are old and people, especially me, are looking for a new cool look that would justify buying another iPod!

I don't see how changing something for change sake. Just give me WiFi iPod and ill buy one.

Viktor
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I personly think that iTunes 5 + iPod Videos will happen by the end of Mac World Paris. If you notice, Quick Time 7 for PC is on Public Preveiw 3. It has to come out with the final version eventualy, and I think that will coincide with iTunes 5 which will include more video support.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I agree on the design of the larger iPods - they do nothing for me just now, and I am eagerly awaiting the 5th gen, and hoping it is more like the mini.

The design of the larger iPods seems to have stayed the same for ages, and I much prefer the look of the iPod mini. Hopefully the size will drop too.

Keen to see the new flash mini, but don't think I'll buy one, as what I really want is enough space for my 25GB music collection...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    i think a iPod mini with more rounded edges like the 20 GB might look pretty cool. maybe they will do that.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    All I want is wireless headphones..

That is all I'd ask for in a redesigned iPod.. Simple and gets rid of that whole ancient wire thing.

Jimzip