Address Book / iCal and Sony Ericsson or Samsung

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Now that I have a bluetooth mac, and am due to get a new phone next month, I am considering a few options.

My friend was round the other night and I sent an MP3 over bluetooth to his Samsung D500 which worked perfectly. However, Apple does not list Samsung as being compatible with address book and iCal.

I had an old Sony Ericsson and so quite fancy a K750i, but wondered how easy it would be to sync these with address book / iCal.

Is it a flawless transfer? I have all of my contacts in address book, and some useful bits n bobs in iCal, so it would be handy to have a duplicate on my phone, saving me having to update ny mac and my phone all of the time.

Any experience of Sony Ericsson and Samsung phones with iSync greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Address Book entries transfer wonderfully to my SE T610. So long as everything in A.B. is sorted right (i.e. business, home, mobile numbers are categorized correctly), then it'll show up that way in the phone.

I don't use calendar syncing to my phone simply because I decided early on that I don't like how the calendar works in the T610. It's a personal preference thing, but it seemed to sync well between iCal and the phone.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Sounds good. How does the phone know which number is the default if you have two for one person? I remember in my T630 there was an option for choosing which number was the main number for an individual - will this just be the top number in Address Book unless you tell the phone otherwise?

Leaning towards a K750i now then if it supports address book so well
  • Reply 3 of 6
    zoczoc Posts: 77member
    Quote:

Leaning towards a K750i know then if it supports address book so well [/B]

Syncing my (fabulous ) K750i with iCal/A.B. works without any problem, using the latest iSync on 10.4.2
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

How does the phone know which number is the default if you have two for one person?

I think it's just the top number unless you change it in the phone.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Thanks all for the help
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I think it's just the top number unless you change it in the phone.

Actually, on my (beautiful) Sony Ericsson K750, it seems to set the default to the mobile number. I figure this as the mobile is the second number, if I have two, in Address Book. To be honest, I'm so glad as before with my K700, I had to keep resetting the defaults on the phone, annoying when you text alot to find people's home number first...

Big love for the K750 though, it's a gorgeous phone, and syncs perfectly.