Tools for resizing images

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello I have a few images that I have down loaded from the net and made using Keynote that I would like to inhance, as in preserving resolution, or increasing it for the scale difference. I know that some folks down load thumbs and have a way of increasing their size without loosing resolution or at least that is what appears to be happening, Salmonstk, jump in here if you like. What is that program or type of program??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    This should propably go under geniusbar, but to the question. Down scaling or thumbnailing image means data loss, and you can't get that data back afterwards. What you can do is extrapolate pixels to picture. Extrapolating creates new pixels based on surrounding pixels. All good picture manipulating soft, should be able to resize your pictures this way, but don't expect them to look much better.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Project2501

This should propably go under geniusbar, but to the question. Down scaling or thumbnailing image means data loss, and you can't get that data back afterwards. What you can do is extrapolate pixels to picture. Extrapolating creates new pixels based on surrounding pixels. All good picture manipulating soft, should be able to resize your pictures this way, but don't expect them to look much better.

Got a name of a product and few searches on Google yielded nothing for the Mac, as well as version tracker.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Photoshop comes first to mind, but it's quite expensive, any photoedit suite that can resize images without needing to compromise resolution needs to do extrapolation. Just the algorithms vary. Professional programs propably do better guality than freeware.