in Mac Software edited January 2014
ill keep this short... like my winkey. jk

how do i convert aiff's to mp3's?

i need an easy ( preferably free ) program

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    iTunes is free and will do the job.

QuickTime is free, but I'm not sure if it will do it without upgrading to QTPro ($30)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    zfmtzfmt Posts: 53member
    well. maybe i need to ask this. I normally used nero on my win comp. how to i burn an audio cd that will play in all stock car cd players.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    iTunes will also burn Audio CD's.

You set the burning options in Preferences > Burning and choose AUDIO CD as the disc format.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Again iTunes does the job.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by zfmt

well. maybe i need to ask this. I normally used nero on my win comp. how to i burn an audio cd that will play in all stock car cd players.

as the other have said, when you insert a blank cd-r into your computer it will give you a number of options as to what to do with the media. one of them is to open itunes. the cd-r will show up in your itunes sidebar. drag and drop the songs you wand and then burn the disc from itunes.

since you're coming from windows, most things in the mac os are intuitively unintuitive. the way you would EXPECT things to work is how they usually do work in os x. the way you've been conditioned to expect things to work (from windows) is not usually the way os x does it.