Portable Battery for PowerBookG4?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Does Apple or any other company make a portable battery for a PowerBookG4? I'm about to take a very loooong flight from San Francisco to London. I cannot sleep on planes, so it'd be cool to have something enable me to watch most of the entire first season of Desperate Housewives on DVD. ANY help would be sooo appreciated! Thanks so much!

(BTW, I poked around a bit on the apple.com site for something of the sort, but had no luck)

-Mark

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Apple's website sells powerbook batteries.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Can you still swap out batteries on the PowerBooks while they're asleep?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    What exactly do you mean by a 'portable battery'? As far as I know Apple sells extra PowerBook batteries, and they're always pretty portable.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Try this Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=exter...tebook+battery

There are a bunch of companies making these. They're not cheap (especially if you're planning on using it just once).
  • Reply 5 of 6
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Yes the battery can be swapped out when it is asleep. I have had some problems if the fan was still running when I pulled the old battery. I sometimes would have to restart. So I let the fan stop before I change out the battery now.

Apple batteries are right here.

reg
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by reg

Yes the battery can be swapped out when it is asleep. I have had some problems if the fan was still running when I pulled the old battery. I sometimes would have to restart. So I let the fan stop before I change out the battery now.

Apple batteries are right here.

reg

Your link has expired.