iPod nano G2...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I would love to see a next-gen iPod nano, but twice as thick...

"Why twice as thick?" you ask.

For the extra battery space, BlueTooth, cell phone & camera gear...

Same iPod wheel interface (that's right, no number pad, think of the GUI for the Screen Lock feature, but a rotary phone dial & numbers instead of the safe dial), more memory...

Stereo BlueTooth headset w/microphone...

Voice Recognition for dialing could also be a feature...?

Sweet!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

I would love to see a next-gen iPod nano, but twice as thick...

"Why twice as thick?" you ask.

For the extra battery space, BlueTooth, cell phone & camera gear...

Same iPod wheel interface (that's right, no number pad, think of the GUI for the Screen Lock feature, but a rotary phone dial & numbers instead of the safe dial), more memory...

Stereo BlueTooth headset w/microphone...

Voice Recognition for dialing could also be a feature...?

Sweet!

As someone who actually owns a Nano let me say the screen lock interface is painful and I certainly wouldn't want to use it for 8 or 10 digit numbers. The iPod has met its success by keeping it simple with a very clean interface and some good industrial design. You basically want them to throw that all away and for what, yet another phone mp3 player? Bit pointless. People already prefer dedicated music hardware, why change that?

As an aside everything doesn't need a damn camera. I'm tired of having to carry a pager or 5 year old phone to be contactable because all phones now have cameras (no cameras allowed where I work).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

I'm tired of having to carry a pager or 5 year old phone to be contactable because all phones now have cameras (no cameras allowed where I work).

Where the hell do you work?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mordak

Where the hell do you work?

This is becoming increasingly common. Camera phones are going to become an increasing annoyance.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

As someone who actually owns a Nano let me say the screen lock interface is painful and I certainly wouldn't want to use it for 8 or 10 digit numbers. The iPod has met its success by keeping it simple with a very clean interface and some good industrial design. You basically want them to throw that all away and for what, yet another phone mp3 player? Bit pointless. People already prefer dedicated music hardware, why change that?

As an aside everything doesn't need a damn camera. I'm tired of having to carry a pager or 5 year old phone to be contactable because all phones now have cameras (no cameras allowed where I work).

I would see most calls being made from a pre-established contact list(synced from the Mac)...

The Screen Lock type interface would only be needed for calls made that were not on the contact list...