.gov addresses???

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited July 2014
I recently received an email that at first took for a spam, but somehow I looked at the sender's email and it was a nasa.gov address.

Is it possible or worth the time and trouble for a spammer to spoof one of these?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    For some very simple spoofs.. it's no harder or easier to make it .gov. (it's a text mask shoved into some headers to make it lok official)

w/o anti-spam systems.. there usually is no counter check to verify the labels to the actual sending address..

Also.. they could make them anything. .ttt .bfg .ass or whatever they please. Hope that answers.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

For some very simple spoofs.. it's no harder or easier to make it .gov. (it's a text mask shoved into some headers to make it lok official)

w/o anti-spam systems.. there usually is no counter check to verify the labels to the actual sending address..

Also.. they could make them anything. .ttt .bfg .ass or whatever they please. Hope that answers.

thanks
  • Reply 3 of 5

Thanks for your report, it's more than helpful. It was a great pleasure to read you, I'm glad to read all about it. Just a small clarification, the first advantage that presents the fax is the economic aspect. The fax to email to well to send a fax. The dedicated page fax par email

• Reply 4 of 5
    flaureflaure Posts: 1member

Really good post.  Appreciation to my friend informed me about this website. This is so great that I add comment. This site has won its place to my bookmarks. Thanks for sharing. View online isoler veranda alu

• Reply 5 of 5

This forum appears every time in the results of my research. I confirm that this stems from the quality of your publications. Also, I note that many of us enjoy this forum. Franck's site pret personnel