iTunes 5.0.1

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Software Update sez:

Quote:

iTunes 5 features a new even more powerful instant search, including the new Search Bar which helps you find exactly what you are looking for in iTunes or from among 2 million songs on the Music Store, folders for organizing playlists, and new Parental Controls for music, music sharing and podcasts. iTunes 5.0.1 features several stability improvements over iTunes 5.

FYI.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Maybe this one won't randomly lose track of my music library and dump all my podcast subscriptions (like happened a week ago).
  • Reply 2 of 5
    strange.. i havent had a single problem with itunes 5.. maybe i dont want to get this update in risk of messing anything up.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I should clarify. Somehow my computer went from sleep to shut down (on its own). When I rebooted and restarted iTunes, it had to find and recreate the library database. Some of my playlists were not in folders as I had put them in before -- but the folders existed -- and all of my podcast subscriptions were gone.

Very strange.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Some songs that used to be in my library in iTunes 4.9 are not in the iTunes 5 library. I'm somewhat unnerved. I still think iTunes could handle large libraries better. In fact the whole concept needs work. I burn mp3s to DVDs. Why the hell does it have to add it to the library? It's a pain in the ass to always have to remember to delete the songs. I'll be wanting to hear and a song sometimes and remember oh wait it's not on the hard drive.

and still...no cd-text, visualized with 15 fps when it used to get 40, etc. etc.

I'm going to update in a day after I wait for the versiontracker guinea pigs.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I upgraded to 5.0 the day it came out, before I heard about the problems. Thankfully, it did not delete any of my podcasts (I have about 30 at this point, and it would have been a huge pain in the ass to re-add them).

Upgraded to 5.0.1 the other day, and again no problems. I think most people did not have problems with iTunes 5, but a significant number of people did, which is why Apple was so fast to fix it.